Egg Yolk Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chewy, wonderfully flavorful chocolate chip cookies made with egg yolks.
- 129 g unsalted European-style butter (preferably Kerrygold Irish)
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed (200g)
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 220 grams of all-purpose flour
- 250 grams of chocolate feves or chopped chocolate
- flaky sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together for 5-7 minutes on medium. It should be very light and fluffy.
Add salt and vanilla, beat to combine.
Add yolks, beat for one minute.
Add soda and flour. Beat to just combine.
Add the chocolate and turn mixer on low to just mix them in. If you beat them for too long or on too high the spatula might break them.
Preheat oven to 360 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Scoop them onto a prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.