Servings 2 cups buttercream
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature but not melty
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk kefir, heavy cream, light cream or milk
Beat butter with the salt and vanilla on medium for at least 3 minutes, until very light and fluffy.
Sift the organic powdered sugar over the butter and beat to combine.
If using any of the flavorings below, this is when to add them.
If the buttercream is thick, add the buttermilk or milk and beat. Taste it and check the texture and adjust accordingly.